Friday, June 1, 2012

A New Chapter

My middle son graduated high school today. So, closes another chapter on the story called "Growing Up." I recently posted about my son on his 18th birthday. He continues to amaze me and make my life interesting. He has decided to postpone college for a year. He wants to work for about 8 months and then "explore the world." Right now, he plans on traveling to Eastern Europe - Poland will be one of his stops so he can explore his ancestry. He decided that he would go now because he doesn't want to waste his or our money on college when he really has no clue what he wants to do with his life. He said that now is the time to travel before he has to take on responsibilities. I like his thinking. Congrats bud! You made us proud once again.

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

good for him! i often think it would have been good to do just the same- i had no idea who i was or wanted to be when i was 17. heck, i still don't. best of luck!

Ali Richardson said...

Awesome! Congrats! I think traveling after high school is a great idea. I'm sure the many adventures he has seeing the world will help him decide who and what he wants to be.