Friday, June 8, 2012

End of an Era

Today my youngest child graduated from elementary school. It's the end of 16 years at the same wonderful elementary school...the teachers and staff there have become my friends and it will always hold a very special place in my heart. I thought I would sob at the ceremony, but I surprised myself. Instead, I was filled with happiness and joy because all my sons had such an incredible experience at this place.
I am also filled with pride as my son received an award today for the only student in his class to achieve straight A's the whole way through school!!!

He moves on to middle school now and actually is making Zemanski history as the first kid to attend private school in our immediate family. He will attend a small Catholic school that I believe is a perfect fit for him. Sending him to an overcrowded, windowless middle school was not an option for him, but he may very well attend the public high school. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now, we have crossed a small bridge that I will never forget. Thank you Windsor Farm. Thank you Kellen for being the great kid that you are...we love you.

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

you are ending one and i am beginning one as in the fall both kids will be in school full day! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Congrats to Kellen for his straight A!!! You must be so proud of him as well you should be. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every minute!

Thanks for entering my giveaway
hugs Lynn

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Way to go, Kellen!!! Renee, you have had many milestones this year...I know you're so proud of your family!!!