Monday, April 9, 2012

Treasures from Travels

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. We did. The weather was perfect and so was the company. We gathered with friends that we haven't seen in almost two years (and they actually only live 40 minutes away, so there's no excuse except for our busy lives).We vowed to get together more often.
Anyway, I promised I would show you some treasures that I picked up on my travels to New England and some I got from right here this weekend. The sculpture or whatever it is above I purchased from an adorable shop called 8 Bells in Rockport, MA. Robin, the shop owner has an eye for beautiful things and her shop is crammed full of eye candy (no, I didn't take photos-sorry), but this photo of the outside (on the right) was taken by Marilyn at Communicating Across Boundaries. There is so much to look at that I spent a good 1/2 hour in this tiny shop before I spotted the rather large art piece above. Now, I know it's not original art (as a matter of fact, I'll probably see it at home goods for half the price I paid, but I had to have it). If you ever go to Rockport, MA, promise me you'll stop by the store...you won't be sorry.

Robin even invited me in to see her home behind the store. Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about eye candy! It's a tiny, waterfront cottage home chock full and dripping with beautiful things. I really wanted to snap photos but I just have to commit it to memory.
 This weekend, I made it to a local flea market where I secured some lovely items like the pink old bottle above and the silver rimmed crystal serving piece below for a song! Oh, and to go back to Robin...she had the most gorgeous collection of antique lavender bottles. I am now on the hunt for lavender bottles to go with my collection of cobalt and aqua bottles. I've never seen them anywhere around here. 
While traveling, I also added to my sea glass collection and once I get it cleaned up, I'll snap some photos and do a little educational post about sea glass, but that's all for now!

4 comments:

Red Rose said...

Those bottles are beautiful. I collect cobalt glass myself, haven't found a bottle yet, but I have some bowls and globes. Going to have to keep on the search! I found your blog through Inspire Me Monday. If you like reading about a touch of everything, I invite you to visit me back at:
http://redrosecakesconnection.blogspot.com/

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm happy that you had a good trip. Your "new" bottles are great and the lavender ones sound lovely. I've only seen a couple of them so they must be rare!

Ali Richardson said...

Oooh, you weren't kidding when you said you got some awesome stuff! Love it all!!! Yay for shopping :)

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Always fun to see fun shopping finds. These are some great ones.