Friday, March 16, 2012

Stuff

Sorry for the lack of posting; I just haven't felt like writing...ever happen to you? Many of you have been asking for updates on the little boy battling cancer from my last post. He is still struggling and his parents are appreciating our prayers...keep 'em coming. They had a small, but precious miracle the other day -- he mouthed the words, "I love you, Mommy" and smiled a big smile -- gave me goosebumps when I read about it. Unfortunately, they have no real answers and they are just trying to keep him comfortable and spend as much time with him as possible.

On the home front, I've been tackling little things around the house -- adding touches of spring to my home. Daffodils; love them. Did you know they are the flower of hope? I placed them on my kitchen counter and my mantle (in pretty vintage bottles). I've also been gathering bags for my 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge and painting the front door a vibrant red. (I'm on the third coat...not loving SW paint right now...I'm painting red over maroon...should it be that hard?)
It's crazy hair day at my son's school today...this is his look, mon.
Just went to a meeting this morning and I'm writing for a new local magazine debuting in April called Chesapeake Taste. It will feature an eclectic array of articles and interesting columns about our unique area. I'm currently writing a monthly column called Home & Hound. It's quite fun to write about dogs, their owners, and their homes.
Other than that, just keeping busy writing, parenting, watching my kids play sports, etc. I'll attempt to keep you posted more often.

Linking to:
Common Ground
French Country Cottage

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

aaw, what a sweet story! i continue to pray for him!

Lynn said...

The daffodils look great and so does your mantel. I've been struggling with blogging too. Sometimes it seems like too much work and I wonder why I invest so much time when I could be doing things with greater eternal value. So ... you're not alone :)
Lynn at Cottage and Creek
www.cottageandcreek.com

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Still praying for the sweet little boy--

Love the frames on your mantle, you are inspiring me!

Ali Richardson said...

Pulling for the sweet little guy over here in Ca. Happy St.Patty's Day.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I feel so sad for your friend. I will keep praying for their little one and their strength.

Beth said...

Congrats again on having such good "taste"!