Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crumpton Auction Fun ...and Look What I Found!

On Wednesday, a small group of moms went on an adventure to the Crumpton auction. Crumpton is a well-known outdoor/indoor auction on Maryland's Eastern Shore, open every Wednesday, rain or shine.

We all went with an open mind and a small list of things we wanted. My list was for small items such as picture frames, door plates, and children's wood chairs.





Here are some of the cool items that were up for auction...imagine many football fields of things like these. Love that galvanized can and that old fan ...there were scores of them.


How about these bottles? Not to mention the cool, old tool box.



To the right is what seems like a box of junk, but this box fetched upwards of $35 all because of the "Naughty Nellie" cast iron boot jack in the forefront. I did some research and this one's actually called "Nasty Nellie" because before it wore off, paint highlighted her private parts -- oh my!








Well, I didn't get any of the above, but I did score some things such as the picture frames on my list.
 Gorgeous candlesticks...I'm going to paint them...white, of course. And look at these resin frames!

 I did find something unexpected that I've been looking for forever at a reasonable price...folding wooden stadium chairs!
I love them and I  plan on either stenciling numbers or adding Tim Holtz metal numbers. They are going in the man cave (of course). And, I only paid $30 for them...yes!

8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Sounds like a fun day and you found some treasures. Love the frames and those stadium seats are unreal. Hugs, marty

ANNE said...

OMG!! I love those stadium seats. What a fabulous find! Can't wait to see what you do with them :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love the chairs you found...in such great shape! I would have come home with colorful bottles...oh and the picture frames! WOW! What fun! ♥

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun day and so many cool items! Wish we had something like that in our neck of the woods :)

Andi said...

Awesome finds!! Love those frames! I have never made it out to Crumpton...need to change that ASAP :)

The Kramer Angle said...

I'm so glad you got the stadium seats! Once you told me they were for the man-cave I kept my hand down and didn't bid!

So glad you had fun at the auction - it's my favorite day of the week!

Gail

P.S. I also took a pic of the tote with the bottles in it! It's funny that the same thing caught our eye!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hey Renee....!

Thanks so much for popping over Lovey.... Yes indeed I'm still having a ball....As you must have yourself at this auction....!!

Some WONDERFUL finds....ESPECIALLY those stadium chairs....I'd LOVE to score a bunch of those....!!!!!

Here's hoping you find a couple more Treasures befor the weeks out....!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

This sounds like such a fun outing. Love your finds, especially the chairs!!!