Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge


I’m doing something for Lent this year that is quite different. I read about the “40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge” on the Clover Lane blog. If you haven’t read Sarah’s blog and you are a mom, you are missing out BIG TIME. It’s one of my very favorite blogs -- I subscribe by email so I don’t miss a post—ever. Anyway, I digress – the challenge is to use the 40 days of Lent as a way to simplify your life and give to others. 
“The gist of it,” says Sarah,  “During Lent (40 days) rid your house of 40 bags of stuff...things you don't love, don't use, junk, accumulated stuff, clutter, garbage.”
After the challenge (or during) you take the bags to Goodwill, Salvation Army or wherever they will take your stuff and donate it.
Well, this is quite the challenge, I think, but I’m sure my boys’ rooms are good for at least 10 of those bags!!
I will post updates each week (except next week when I’ll be out of town. Don’t worry; to make up for it, I’m going to do two bags a day, the week after).

2 comments:

The Kramer Angle said...

I'm off to a great start! Three bags just this morning from my junk pile in the garage!

Great idea!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Feel free to check out my blog!

http://abstractiondesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/spring-cleaning-has-begun.html

You inspired me to get off my butt and get a move on cleaning out the closets!!! :)