Sunday, January 15, 2012

Got an etsy shop or any shop? Read on about Handmadelogy

Most of you know that I have two etsy shops. I love having them and especially love creating for my Where the Grass is Greener shop. For example, I had so much fun today creating this pretty little muslin bag (I'm MARKETING) for the shop. My other shop, Country Tag Sale, is full of vintage finds and I do a fairly steady business there, but it could be better.
My biggest problem is marketing and you would think that a gal who had to take marketing classes as part of her major, a gal who worked in an advertising agency for years, and a gal who worked as part of a marketing department most of her career would be a natural. That is not the case. Fact is, I'm horrible at  marketing myself. I can't explain.  I've been out of the corporate world for 12 years, but, I have worked on plenty of marketing programs --for someone else.
So, when my sister told me about things like Craftgawker and Handmadeology, I looked at them, but that's about it. No more. I just joined Handmadeology and I'm amazed at amount of great information they share and I'm kicking myself for not joining sooner. For example, the link below provides some simple, but very doable tips. Check it out.
http://www.handmadeology.com/here-are-10-quick-tips-to-jump-start-your-etsy-business-in-2012/
Also, they are issuing a challenge. You can read about that right here.

Anyway, join the challenge and by the way, check out my shops (I'm MARKETING).

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Renee! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new little creation!! So encouraging!

I adore this little bag! I love cotton and texture, and of course a little bling and old lace!

Off to check out Handmadeology! Since they changed the search format for Etsy, I have found getting people's attention a little more difficult. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!
Becky

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your work is beautiful Renee. You should promote them. Great tips on Handmadeology.