Saturday, January 21, 2012

Closet Sneak Peek: Using What You Have

Okay. I admit that I've been working on this closet for over a week and it's really shaping up (but remember, it's not going to take your breath away or anything with it's beauty). I am trying to use things I have on hand, so I don't have to spend the money. For example, I kept this old piece of a baby gate  (never mind that my youngest is now 11). Why did I keep it? Well, I knew someday it would be good for something and it was easy to store since it took up little space. So, I finally used it!


It now proudly holds all my vintage linens. I use the linens to wrap some of my vintage items that I sell in my Country Tag Sale shop...makes a pretty presentation and the buyer gets a little surprise. I wrote a blog post about presentation right here.

I'm also using a wooden bowl that I bought at a tag sale (for a song) to hold all of my vintage clothespins.

As for the rest of the closet, you'll all have to wait a bit longer because I'm still not done (life just keeps getting in the way)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely! I just wish I had a closet big enough to take me a week! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Love this idea, also your window redo!