Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sew...What?

I can't sew. Well, I can, but I don't like to. You need patience to sew. I don't have patience...just ask my husband. 
Anyway, I have this ugly craft table (see below), which is now in my bedroom (story of why, here). With no room to store anything, I have my supplies stacked above and under the table ( it's temporary, I keep saying to myself). 
Here's where the sewing part comes in...I wanted to make a table skirt that I could velcro in place. Begging my friends for help was out of the question, begging my mom while she was here, was not.
 Mom took the leftover fabric I had from my settee and worked miracles
...she even added box pleats! 
There was just enough to cover all the stuff underneath the ugly table. 
She even helped and motivated me to finish recovering the chair seat (not as easy as it looks because you can't take off the seat). 
I know this space has a lot to be desired, but it's functional and now thanks to my mom, it looks good, too! 

DON'T forget to enter my giveaway here! It ends this Saturday at 6 PM. Linking to:
http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/ and http://www.freckledlaundry.com

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am SEW with you on the sewing thing. patience? no thanks!
it looks amazing though- what a huge difference!!!

Jane said...

Aren't mothers wonderful!! My mom has done a lot of sewing for me too. Your mom did an awesome job on the table skirt and I love the box pleats...it gives it such a finished, professional look. The chair looks wonderful too!
Jane

Jamie said...

your mom is awesome! love your craft area!!!

Evelene S said...

Aww your mom did an amazing job on that pleated skirt and I bet she was so happy about the article in the magazine. That material is beautiful and goes well with your decor.

Sommer said...

Your mom is awesome! I have been wanting to make one of the these for my pedestal sink in my guest bath but even though I sew, a lot... I have never done box pleats. Send your mom my way anytime! I hope you will come show this off at my VIP Party today. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You and your Mom did a great job! Aren't Moms the BEST!!!

Tammy said...

Aren't moms the bomb?
tammy

Unknown said...

Very pretty, Renee! I love those box pleats. Go mom. My mom just bought me a fold out craft table for my birthday that I wanted to skirt. Might have to do the pleats too...how did you attach the velcro to the table? Hot glue? Something a little more industrial?

Thank you for linking with air your laundry Friday!

xo
Jami