Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting There...

Well, everything is painted and looking so fresh! I am loving the paint color -- Zircon by Sherwin Williams--.just the look I wanted. I couldn't wait to give you all just a peek. I still have to get a mirror for over the mantle and that's what me and my mom (she's here for the week) are doing today.



Also working on finding material to cover the two chairs I got. Once I get the fabric, I'll paint them. The hallway isn't ready for a reveal yet as it is barren. Still trying to figure it out.

Sigh. Love this antique mantle/fireplace. Still can't believe I only paid $30 for it. I painted the top with chalk paint and it matched the rest of the mantle...so it was my easiest fix yet! Happy.
Linking to:
  and www.theshabbycreekcottage.com


The Thrifty Groove


vif187

11 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

for some reason when this post showed up in my google reader i only had the first paragraph and didn't know there were pictures and more!
the mantle is stunning! and i love the wall color. :)

Marlis said...

I am delighted you dropped in.. i found your delicious blog this way! I am your latest follower (as of this point). Your mantel is absolutely lovely. I love your pillow cases too. Just so charming. Thanks for your visit and for your kind comments, many blessings, xo marlis

Barb said...

Hi Renee, your mantel is fabulous....I am so in love with it. I adore the color.

Barb

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The mantle is gorgeous and the new paint color is just perfect. I hope you and your mom find a great mirror today. Love, love the birdcage on the mantle!!!

Entertaining Women said...

Your fireplace surround is gorgeous! The zircon is a great color choice. Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mantle!

Diann said...

Your mantle is absolutely beautiful! Everything looks gorgeous! Great job. I hope you and your mom have a successful shopping trip! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Rene, I'm crushing on your gorgeous mantle! I'll be featuring it on VIF, tomorrow, thanks so much for linking up to the party!
xo Debra

Romeo said...

I think "she" just fainted - $30 for this incredible mantle was more than "her" heart could take it would seem..... I have to admit, it really IS beautiful!

Purrs!

Romeo (who owns the "her")

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Everything looks amazing and I totally adore the mantel. It is stunning. Such a beautiful piece. Hugs, Marty