Monday, April 25, 2011

Beantown, Beaches, and Being Back

We traveled up to the Boston area over spring break to watch my son play college lacrosse and take in the beauty of Boston's Northern shore area. I believe we visited every single seaport town from Boston to Newburyport. Breathtaking scenery... although cold and damp. Of course, I managed to get a little thrifting in, along with walks on the beach, hiking, hunting for sea glass, and exploring the city. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera -- so, I had to take all of these photos with my cell phone... not too shabby, I guess. Here are some shots of my favorite little town, Rockport, MA:

Don't you love this little ice cream store, tucked between two buildings? Too bad it was closed for the season (although at 40 degrees, maybe that's a good thing).
Lobster pots, everywhere...


A few finds from Rockport:


That's all...more to photograph when I really get back in the swing of things! 

4 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

The images are just lovely. The trip sounds like a charming adventure.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I wish my cell phone took photos like that! Glad you had a good trip and was able to do some thrifting!!!

Jane said...

Those are great camera shots!! Looks like a great trip and gorgeous scenery!
Jane

stacie said...

Looks like a really cool town. The beach glass photo is amazing.