Saturday, March 19, 2011

Peeling



Why is it so much fun to peel stuff? Seriously, isn’t it fun to glue off of your fingers? Or in my case, this morning, peeling polyurethane off of my kitchen table with a spatula. Yep. A spatula. Why use a spatula? Because it was there.

A while back I refinished my kitchen table with great results UNTIL I put a protective coat of poly on it. I don’t know what happened this time, but it didn’t take and every time anyone moved something on the table, it peeled a little more. So, my kids, when pondering deeply over their homework, would use their fingernails to peel off little patches. My table looked like crap. I hid it through most of the winter under a tablecloth, waiting for a warm day so I could sand it and start over. Today, I couldn’t wait any longer.
I have to say that this was enormously satisfying….the peeling thing. 


Kind of weird, I know, but it felt productive. So now, it sits waiting to be refinished. Again.

1 comment:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I need to peel paint off of an old enamelware table top that I got a few weeks ago. Can I borrow your spatula!!!