Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decorating One Vignette at a Time




This Christmas I decided to decorate a little differently. Actually, my busy life decided for me. I have way too much to do to set aside one day for decorating, so I’m doing it one little vignette at a time. Here’s what I’ve accomplished so far:

In the hallway, I have this little bench, which I always decorate. This year, I decided to use my fun find of a vintage red toolbox. I love this toolbox, which I scored for $1 at an estate sale. I filled it with some greens from outside and added this cool glass and rusty star ornament that I scooped up at last year’s after-Christmas sales.

 Here is a vignette in my living room…I haven’t even started the other side of the living room.


I am using a sign that I made out of vintage findings – an old metal letter, hinges, door and window parts, wire … even a part of a tree.


In my kitchen, I have this little vignette. My kitchen’s kind of rustic, country and comfy so I went with warmer colors here. 

Although, on the other side of the kitchen, I still decorate with lots of blues – I’m just a little all over the place with color and style.
Linking to:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love every vignette you have shown. So creative and unique.

Take care,
Lisa

Beth Adams said...

Everything looks great so far! I so have to get busy myself.
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

LOVE the "Believe" sign, Renee!

Carmen said...

Wow Renee! Really creative and so nice!!