Friday, November 12, 2010

Repurposing Christmas




I collect things. For example, I found these little hanging signs at a garage sale this summer and just stashed them away.  I just found them again and thought, “these would make great holiday signs or even ornaments.” 
So, I went to town and this is what I came up with! It was fun poking through my vintage jewelry, using scraps of paper, burlap and different stamps. It took me about an hour to make all four … I’m selling them at the craft fair, but if they don’t sell, that’s okay, I’ll just keep them! 

I’ll be back tomorrow with a look at some creative wreaths made at our monthly Wine & Design!

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

very cool! you are so good at collaging different items. me, not so much!

Carmen said...

These are really cute too! My girlfriend paints little signs like this and she is so good at it. I love the tree one you made...and anything with music sheets on it wins in my books!