Monday, October 11, 2010

No More Driving, Please

I think I actually developed a phobia of red brake lights. Twelve hours in traffic will do that to anyone. This post is going to be short and sweet. I am tired. I am brain dead and I need to never see the inside of my car again (just kidding on the last two), however...

Drove up to Massachusetts to see my son for parent's weekend, but the drive (as you may have guessed by now) was killer. Hit stop and go traffic in Connecticut and Mass and our 8 hour trip took almost 12 hours. Had a fantastic weekend with my two older sons only to turn around and drive back last night for another 12 hours...ugh.

On a more pleasant note, I did manage to hit two tag sales and an antique shop tent sale while the teens were sleeping in and the pics above show the lovely selection of goodies I bought. I absolutely love the antique frame and picture I stole for $10 at the antique shop. It's going above my piano. Of course, I will have to do some minor repair work on the frame and paint it, but I just can't wait to replace my TJ Maxx faux stone trivets that bedeck the walls now. And how about that cool scale! It still works and has just the right amount of rust to make it super chic.
Until later...

No comments: