Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pretty in Pink

As most of you know, I live in a house of males...except of course, my dog. It can be tough some times; for example, they love to pick on me and when one starts, it sets them all off. You kind of have to develop a tough skin...hmm, after all these years, I still haven't quite got it.
I also long for feminine colors such as pink and pale green (even though my favorite color is blue!) So, I get in touch with my feminine side with my art. For example, here are two mirrors that I got at a Goodwill store. They were pretty beat up and chipped. So, I just started playing around with what I had on hand...some paint samples, a broken dragonfly wand (it was being thrown away) and ribbon that I found in my gift wrapping drawer. Oh, what a coat of primer and some pretty pale pink will do! And, you'll never guess how I made the polka dots. A Nerf dart! (Told you that you wouldn't guess.) It was just laying there on the floor (like everything else in our house) and I picked it up and started dipping it in my paint and stamping. You never know.

4 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! love the script on the pink one.

Allison said...

nerf darts!!! Love that!

Carmen said...

I just saw these on etsy!(I'm trying to figure out how to heart a shop)...they are absolutely beautiful!

Shana said...

This is great! I too live in a houseful of boys but seven years ago God blessed me with a girl! I went crazy with girly colors!! We are still out-numbered though!