Monday, August 16, 2010

Keeping in Step




Sunday was a great rainy day to stay inside and paint, so, after my son's soccer game, I took full advantage of the gloomy day and finished a couple projects..a small keepsake box and a new mirror to add to one of my shops. I also finished painting my nephew's girlfriend's nephew's (get that?) step stool. Little Linus will be celebrating his first birthday and I'm honored to be making a nautical-inspired step stool for him. I chose to use the primary colors of true blue, true red and pineapple to keep the color simple so I could add a lot of detail. I have yet to add several coats of polyurethane (A must, since he'll be stepping on it all the time). It is a bit delicate so I asked my husband to reinforce it a bit underneath with a sturdy piece of wood...now it can withstand the abuse of a toddler (don't abuse it too much, Linus)!

Your creative opinion, please:

Do you think I should keep the polka dots on top hollow or should I fill them in with a solid blue?

1 comment:

Cassie Bustamante said...

very cute! i am sure linus will love it!
also- how is 9/10 for the nest w & d. chris is taking sawyer to tennessee that weekend for a football game so emmy and i will be here and she can hang with the gals and she'll have a blast. i will let her do a crafty project as well- it will be fun!