Monday, June 7, 2010

Fabulous Finds and a New Sign

Oh I had fun this weekend even though I had a limited amount of time to yard sale. I found these really cool old window frames (with latches still attached). I have no clue what I'm going to do with them yet, but for a mere $15, I couldn't pass them up! I also found some very cool old vintage kitchen items and I will be putting some of them in my etsy vintage shop, "Country Tag Sale." Some, like the Sunbeam stand mix, I will keep for myself. Among my finds, a hand potato ricer with just the right amount of vintage charm, a restaurant style creamer, a metal cake decorator and a huge collection of vintage buttons that I can use for my collage work...let the fun begin!

Here is one of my creations that I crafted from vintage hinges, jewelry and watch parts (on the right). It's a pretty cool welcome sign, don't ya think? Of course, it's for sale, but my house is really getting decked out in the meantime. I'm now working on a new welcome sign for a customer that will be personalized...a wedding gift for her friends.
Note: This Wednesday, I will be on someone else's blog as a guest...stay tuned for more information!

3 comments:

Jean said...

I ALMOST started drueling over those windows. they must be the only ones like that in the WhOLE world.

Renee said...

Are they great? Now to find a place for them...

stacie said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the windows. They are really cool!