Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Ready for Spring


I finally peeled off my snowflakes from the kitchen window. I guess that’s the last I’ll see of anything resembling snow this year. My snowman collection is packed away, too and I’m replacing everything with spring! Yep, it’s time to clear the clutter, plant flowers and add some “springy” touches to the home. 
Here’s how I do it: I change out my fireplace mantle every season; I hang something new on my front door, and I try to always have fresh flowers on my kitchen table and windowsill. It’s taken years, but now I can get flowers from my garden almost year round (in the winter, I just use pine branches). My garden is now dancing with daffodils, littered with lilac buds, frolicking with forsythia and crawling with crocuses. (How’s that for alliteration?)

I’m also getting ready to open a brand new online shop --Where the Grass is Greener on etsy.com! If you never heard of Etsy, you're in for a treat; it's an online artist mecca where thousands of artisans sell their creations. I’ve been working hard to create inventory for that shop and for my existing website; staying inside on these beautiful Maryland days (something native Pittsburghers seldom do…if you live there, you know what I mean).  I will let you know when the shop will launch, but right now I better get back to work! Enjoy spring wherever you are!

No comments: