Thursday, February 25, 2010

Giving for a Cause

I've been finding some time to work on my mixed media art and I'm having a blast just creating anything that comes to mind. My sister taught me how to make collage paper out of fabric and alcohol ink and as you can see, I've been experimenting like crazy. I enjoy the art, but I also enjoy sharing it. For the past three years, I've been donating a piece of furniture art to the Severna Park Mom's Group, an organization that raises money for various charities and causes. This year, my friend Beth is heading up the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Annual Gala in Pittsburgh. She asked for a contribution and I'm working on it. Originally, she liked the two pieces that I show here, but then asked me if I could create something with the theme of "Hope." Of course my wheels started turning, and I'm working on it right now! It's fun to give back -- it's not only good for business, it's good for the soul.

NOTE: THE APPLE MOBILE ME NETWORK IS HAVING SOME TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES AND MY WEBSITE MAY OR MAY NOT APPEAR IN ITS ENTIRETY WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO THE RIGHT. APPLE SAYS THAT THEY WILL TRY TO RESOLVE THIS IN TWO WEEKS (UGH)! In the meantime, if you click on it a few times, you will eventually see parts of my website.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I agree with you - Good for the soul! Have a great day!